How can I make moving home easier?
Moving is easily one of the biggest stressors in a person’s life, but if you’re on the brink of changing locations, it doesn’t have to be quite as difficult as you think. Instead, there are a number of things you can do immediately to help ease your move and make it go as smoothly as possible. These tips can help.
- Do the Kitchen First: It may seem like those bookshelves and bedrooms are pretty difficult, but the reality is that packing your kitchen first is your best bet. It’s one of the most complicated rooms in the house, particularly when you consider all of that oddly shaped equipment you need to get into a box. By packing the kitchen first, everything else will seem simple.
- Don’t Bother Cleaning: Many people work to clean things as they go, but that’s only going to suck up your time. Instead, considering hiring a cleaning service to give the home or flat a good scrub after you leave. It will save you the time and effort you could be putting into getting ready for a move.
- Colour-Code Your Boxes: Ensuring you know where everything goes when your each your new flat or home is an absolute must, and colour-coding your boxes can do just that for you. For example, if you’re going to have five or six living room boxes, use coloured duct tape, markers, or another creative method to signify everything in the red boxes or whatever goes to the living room.
- Consider an App: You use apps to help you organise everything else in your life, why wouldn’t you employ an app to keep you on track while you’re moving? Moving Day is one of your best bets, but there are many other good options out there. Just get one that will help you stay organised both as you start the process and as you actually get into your new place.
The single best tip for moving? Hire the right company to help! We provide removals and delivery services (with loading and unloading help) at fantastic prices, and it’s easy to book our services. House and flat removals can be tough without the right help on hand, but we have the experience and knowledge necessary to make the process an easy one.
When you’re ready to move, you need a company you can trust on your side, and we’ll be happy to help. Book your move with us now.
- Man and a van London
- Man and van North London
- Man with van London
- Man with a van West London
- Man with a van East London
- Moving van London