Ask anyone who has ever made a local move, and you’ll quickly discover that it may even be tougher than moving across the country.
What can I do to ease the stress of moving home?
- Start Early! The sooner you start preparing for your local move, the better the process will be, so don’t be afraid to get started as soon as you find that home of your dreams or as soon as you realize you’ll be home shopping in the near future.
- Declutter and depersonalize your current house. This means that you will need to look at everything you have on your walls, shelves, etc. and take down all of your family photographs. You can pack them away in storage for your move to your new home. This also means that you will need to look at all of the stuff you have and decide what is necessary and what is not for the remainder of the time you have in your current home. Of course, it is advisable to decide, also, what of these items you can donate or purge so that you don’t have to take as much with you to your new home.
- Contact the right removal company. The best removal company is one that takes the stress out of the moving day as a whole, so get your moving date booked in advance and take advantage of their other services like packing to help make things easier.
- Contact your utilities. Just as you’d need to move those services with a long distance move, you’ll need to do the same with a shorter move, so make those calls and put in for a change of address in advance.
Moving locally can be difficult, but by creating a plan from the outset and getting some great help from your removal company, it will be no problem to make it to your new place!
- Man and a van London
- Man and van North London
- Man with van London
- Man with a van West London
- Man with a van East London
- Moving van London