Think you’re ready for a larger space? You’re not alone. Many people make the same decision every single year, and whether you’re expanding your family or you just want a few more amenities, choosing to go big is certainly a great decision. Before you make your move to something bigger, though, you may want to consider a few things!
What should I consider before moving to a bigger house?
- Create a solid budget: Bigger is certainly better, but it can also be more expensive. Before you decide to move to that bigger place, create a budget of all of your involved costs. Don’t forget to factor in the increased utility bills and maintenance costs involved with a bigger property.
- Think Furniture: If you’re going from a fairly small space to something quite a bit bigger, you’ll certainly want to consider your furniture in the process. You may not have enough to fill your new home, so do a bit of shopping to see what it’s going to cost to furnish your new place.
- Sell Your House: Get your home ready to be put on the market. Buyers will be more inclined to purchase your home if you make sure that it is decluttered and de personalized. So, you should pare down each room to the essentials and take your personal pictures, diplomas, awards, etc. off the walls. You may even want to consider our short term storage services!
- Confirm Your Moving Date With Us. Book that date well in advance of your move.
- Notify Everyone Of Your New Address. Your child’s school will need your new address and moving date. All of your creditors will need notification of your move. Also, be sure to remember to notify your utility services of your move so they will know when and where to transfer your services.
- Time to Pack! The best way to do this is to go room by room and keep a list of each box’s contents in a binder. Also, assign each room a color. On the corner of each box, as you close them up put that color tape or marker across the corners.
Moving to a bigger space can be quite an adventure, and we’ll be happy to help. Contact us today to learn more!