Moving van hire in London? What would the cost be at the end is the main subject of conversations in a family when they are about to move house and understanding that it could vary depending on your location and the size of your house is a must. In this article, we will explain in some details about how money can be saved on removal van costs.
When a move on a budget is considered, the way to move is to hire a self-driven van and do all the hard work yourself. What you need to consider though is that moving house DIY is hard work and almost every time is also very stressful. What you will pay for a self-driven van depends on the size of it and the length of the hire period.
To hire a removal van and will it come up cheap?
Cheap man with van London 1 hour is normally charged per hour and the final amount will depend on the number of men needed and the distance between addresses. Here is an idea of a removal van hire London costs:
Self-driven van rental prices in London (daily)
|Type of Van||Loading Capacity Price Range|
|Medium Van||8||– 10 m3||£43 – £53|
|Long Wheel Large Van||11||– 14 m3||£63 – £85|
|Luton Van||15.6||– 24 m3||£85 – £128|
A man with a van Hire prices (per hour)
Type of Van 1 Man 2 Men 3 Men 4 Men
Depending on the amount of stuff, you need to choose the size of the removal van you would need, please, complete our online form to receive a free, no-obligation quote from our reputable local removal company and be sure that you are getting the best deal.
The choice to make – hire a self-driven removal van, a man and a van or a removal company?
London House Removals is an enriching and enthralling experience, so one has a choice: either save money by hiring a removal van and doing it yourself or get someone else to do it for you. The option where you are confident enough to be able to manage a house move is always the cheapest, but one must consider the option of using a man with a van hire service or a removal company as well, as those options come with certain advantages:
- It is always faster: moving house is stressful enough and time-consuming, so by hiring a removal company who do the loading and unloading, you always save time and efforts.
- Help with packing: It appeals to some to pack everything themselves, but at the same time by not having enough experience in doing so, it is very easy to pack it wrong or not good enough and your valuable items are broken in the process. A reputable removal team will have years of experience and will be highly trained in packing delicate items and will also be covered by Goods in transit insurance in case of an accident.
- Hassle-Free Experience: house removals comes with unforeseen circumstances almost always and hiring a removal company to do it for you professionally and competently, makes everything simpler and allows you to receive problems free service in one of the most stressful days you could ever experience. Some movers can take care of everything from packing your kitchen, your clothes and even your furniture to loading and unloading and even cleaning your new and old property and some could even help with finer details such as hanging your new TV in your new living room or bedroom.
- Last minute hiccups: whether it’s late exchange of contracts or waiting for your lawyer to transfer the money for your new property, moving house is rarely a straightforward experience but our professional removal teams are able to work in accordance with you and if need must, to wait patiently, removing any anxiety from the situation along with luggage.
4 Main Aspects that affect removal van London costs
The Final sum will come to when the moving house will vary and here are some factors you might want to consider:
- The amount of Stuff Moved: it will cost more to move a full van worth of stuff that only a few boxes and bags. A small one bedroom flat move will obviously cost less than moving a three/four bedroom house. to a different part of the country than to a new house in the same town.
- The Distance between your Old and New home. Moving from one street to the other is going to be cheaper than moving from one part of town to another or from London to another part of the country.
- The option of having an additional service: extra services such as packing, cleaning, and packing, will add to your final bill but l think it is always very helpful to have it done professionally and with competence and it is worth the extra expense.
- The Time of Your Move: the peak months for moving house are from June to September and the last days of the month and all weekends are more popular and therefore cost more to move. You can easily save on hiring a removal van costs if you book your move at the beginning of a week, month or during the winter or early spring months.
And what about insurance for my removal van?
When moving house, an insurance cover needs to be factored into your budget. It’s a good idea to ask your home contents insurance provider in advance of your moving date whether and what your policy covers if you move house. You could consider purchasing your own all-inclusive insurance cover especially if you are moving valuable items.
All good removal companies and a man with van services are covered by goods in transit insurance, something to look out for when searching for a man with a van. Some companies will also offer public liability insurance which protects your against damage in your home but may offer only limited liability for valuable items such as antiques and expensive artwork. This type of insurance is often applicable when a packing service is provided and offers you peace of mind in the event of a claim.
Can I drive a removal van legally?
Again, for moving house on a budget, you can hire a van with a weight of up to 3.5 tonnes (any van) on a category B license. Of course, using any van may mean that you have to make more than one trip. To drive a larger and bigger van ( lorry ), you need a Category C1 license so for a 4-5-6 bedroomed house move, it’s often necessary to employ a professional man and van removals north London company with a standard national or standard international license. The operator must also hold a CPC or Certificate of Professional Competence.
How to arrange to park for your removal van
If you live in a busy urban area, you also need to arrange a parking permit for the movers’ van. If a whole day is needed and it will include packing and loading the van, then you need to apply for a parking suspension in advance by submitting the VRN to the local council in order for your movers to be able to legally park in front of the house.
These can range from around £75- £83 per van, depending on the area. Or in case of our man and van hire South West London company, we take care of the parking for you so you don’t have to bother with it at all. Just ask us about it in advance.
So, Have you got an idea about the removal van costs?
With all this information in mind, you probably by now have got a great idea of our house removal costs and what is worth and what is not doing.
The choice is yours, so To compare prices and save money on a man with a van company, just fill in our quote/booking form to receive a non-binding, completely free of charge quote from a truly trusted local removal firm.